Huaibei Coal Company
HUAIBEI COAL HEADQUARTERS
Huaibei Coal Headquarters, Anhui China
KANNFINCH were the winners of an international design competition for the new headquarters of the Huaibei Coal Company. The design references the iconic skyscrapers synonymous with company headquarters in America and Europe, and incorporates all of the facilities required by a large scale international company on a single 150,000m2 site.
Facilities include 70,000m2 of ofﬁce space located in two ofﬁce towers as well as 20,000m2 of theatres, lecture halls and exhibition spaces and a 90 room boutique hotel.
Sustainability principles used in the design include:
• 4 star Green Star rating (based on AGBC standards)
• South orientation for optimal light penetration to ﬂoor plate
• External shading to east and west facades with variable louvres
• Material selection based on longevity and design life
• Water harvesting and re-use
• Green roofs to insulate upper levels